At least a week before your appointment, please read and follow all pre-scan patient protocols. Doing so will ensure you receive the most accurate thermographic reading possible.
1 Month Prior:
- No surgery, incl. biopsy
1 Week Prior:
- Be cautious of too much sun exposure in order to avoid sunburn. Scans will have to be rescheduled if the patient has a sunburn of any sort.
48 Hours Prior:
- Men with beards should shave their face and neck, as well as backs.
- Avoid all tanning and limit sun exposure.
24 Hours Prior:
- Avoid chiropractic care, massage therapy or acupuncture.
- No saunas, steam baths, hot tubs, heating pads, or hot water bottles.
- No analgesic creams or balms.
- Do not shave underarms. (Should be done prior.)
- Reschedule if you experience a significant fever.
- Refrain from sexual activity.
Day of Exam:
- For best results, please wear thong underwear or a jock strap for full body studies. Underwear is optional and best results are without.
- Do not use creams, lotions, cosmetics, ointments, deodorant, antiperspirants, powders or any other skin product.
- Please bring a hair tie to remove hair from your forehead and back of neck.
- Remove all piercings and jewelry prior to exam, unless unable to.
4 Hours Prior:
- Avoid hot showers or shaving.
- Avoid physical therapy or exercise.
- No coffee, tea, soda, or other beverages containing caffeine. No alcoholic beverages.
- Do not smoke cigarettes or use any product which contains nicotine
* Women - if possible, do not wear a bra for the 4 hours leading up to the exam *
2 Hours before the Exam:
- Avoid hot or cold liquids
- Avoid eating or chewing gum
- Avoid using a cell phone